Tuesday 5th September 2022 7:45pm – The Emirates FA Cup – The Dripping Pan

Welcome to The Dripping Pan for ths evening’s Emirates FA Cup First Qualifying Round replay against Sheppey United. Here is your complimentary e-programme.



Good evening and welcome to The Pan for this evening’s Emirates FA Cup First Qualifying Round Replay against Sheppey United. I hope our visitors from Kent enjoy our hospitality and have a safe journey home.

Unfortunately I had to miss the game on Saturday and am still away tonight but thanks to our friends from Your Instant Replay I’ll be able to watch the game from Italy. We’ve now drawn our last three games, again coming behind on Saturday to draw level. We had a few players missing and then lost Tom Champion at the start of the second half, but showed excellent character to score twice and probably should have gone on to win the game.

For those of us old enough to remember the 1980s, you may recall Aston Villa winning the 1980/81 Football League (the then top level of English football). In their 42 league games, they use just14 players. As a comparison, Pep Guadiola used 29 in his squad that won last season’s Premier League. But both in Ron Saunders and Pep’s title-winning squads, having a consistent starting XI was key. That Villa side had unbelievable luck in terms of avoiding suspensions and injuries – he didn’t have to contend with players having holidays, stag do’s or weddings during the season!

But we are in a different world in the Non-Leagues and we have to deal with missing players for a variety of reasons. We’ve yet to field what I’m sure is our strongest starting XI. We’ve had JT returning to fitness, Mitch and Will suspended, Rhys and Alfie away, and Aldershot Town not willing to allow Marcel play in the cup for us. Fingers crossed we get everyone available again in the next few weeks and we can reap the rewards on the pitch.

Last Monday we hosted Hastings United here and over 1,600 fans enjoyed the Bank Holiday sunshine and a tense 0-0 draw. Unfortunately a very small number of visiting fans decided to behave in ways that were not acceptable to us as a club and further action is being taken against them. There’s no place for any abusive behaviour at The Pan. Thank you to everyone who came and supported the team.

Last Thursday our U18s finally got their season underway with a 3-0 win in the FA Youth Cup against Whitehawk. Their reward is another home time, this time against Bognor Regis Town. Their league campaign starts on Thursday night when last season’s champions, Worthing, are the visitors here.

On Saturday we head to the Kent coast to take on Herne Bay. However, the game will be played at Ramsgate FC’s Southwood Stadium due to ongoing pitch work at Herne Bay so set your SatNav’s accordingly! Also, because of results on Saturday we won’t be hosting Hornchurch here on the 17th September – a new date will be communicated in due course.

Enjoy the game tonight


Saturday was a similar pattern to the game a few weeks ago against Corinthian-Casuals where we started the game brightly, creating chances and had an early effort ruled out through offside. I felt we controlled the game but our sharpness in the final third isn’t quite there yet and on Saturday, like that game at Casuals, we are finding it hard to put the ball into the net. Then, when we switch off for a moment at the other end of the pitch we are punished. We lose the ball in a tackle, the ball is played over the top and it’s 1-0 virtually with their first shot on goal.

We made some changes at half-time and started brightly – JT shoots over and then out of nothing they score against, working the ball inside Mitch and it’s a decent finish. We didn’t panic, stuck to our game plan and continued to ask them questions. We got back into the game with a lovely worked goal, a few one-two’s and a great ball across by Deon for JT to fire in.

Our confidence lifted and Razz got the equaliser after some good interplay with Ayo. We should have gone on to win the game but great goalkeeping and some wayward shooting. Jack had a great chance when he went through late in the game but he hit the post.

The positives are we’ve come back against a very good, well organised side but the negatives are we keep giving teams head starts. But we’ve got a second bite of the cherry tonight.

Sheppey have a lot of dangerous players. Pace wide and up front and solid. We are back on home and that should give us an advantage. JT got minutes and a goal on Saturday and we all know how dangerous a fit JT can be. We also had Brad back but unfortunately lost Tom Champion to a hip injury, which seams to be the story of our season.

We love playing here in front of our fans and we will take heart from our comeback on Saturday and with your support we can hopefully looking forward to progressing to the next round.

Come on you Rooks!




Lewes recovered from two goals down to earn a replay with a 2-2 draw at Sheppey United in the FA Cup first qualifying round, reports Tom Harper (Pictures James Boyes and Danny Last).

Tony Russell handed a first start of the season to both Bradley Pritchard and Joe Taylor, with Tom Champion also returning to the side after missing the Bank Holiday Monday draw with Hastings United.

Lewes could have taken the lead inside the first minute, as Taylor capitalised on hesitant defending before shooting wide with only Aiden Prall in the Sheppey goal to beat.

The Rooks were enjoying plenty of possession and thought they had gone in front when Deon Moore finished from close range, only for the linesman to flag him offside.

Sheppey always posed a threat going forward themselves though, and saw Warren Mfula drag an effort wide of the far post after latching onto a ball in behind the Lewes defence.

Mfula went close again minutes later, running onto a long ball forward from Daniel Birch and making space for himself on the edge of the area before shooting over the bar.

The hosts took the lead after 39 minutes through the dangerous Mfula, who ran onto a ball in behind before finishing past Lewis Carey and into the bottom corner.

Sheppey started the second half brightly and doubled their lead nine minutes after the restart, Mfula finding space in the area before finding the corner with a powerful finish.

Lewes responded well and halved the deficit within a minute, as good build-up play ended with Taylor converting a Moore cross from the left at the far post.

The Rooks levelled the scores on 58 minutes through De-Graft, who steered a bouncing ball in the area into the bottom corner to send the travelling fans into raptures and set up a barnstorming last half an hour.

Lewes were on top at this stage, and saw De-Graft force a fine save from Prall after latching onto a flick-on from Taylor.

Prall then had to be alert to save bravely at the feet of Taylor after Mitchell Nelson had headed a Bradley Pritchard corner down towards goal.

It was one-way traffic heading into the final ten minutes, Prall making another impressive save to help a curling effort from Jack Skinner over the bar, with Skinner going even closer soon after and hitting the outside of the post after intercepting a loose pass in midfield.

The hosts were reduced to ten men at the start of injury-time, as Birch was shown a second yellow card for a rash challenge on Moore, but there wasn’t enough time remaining for Lewes to make the most of their numerical advantage, meaning both sides had to be content with a replay.

Sheppey United: Prall, Birch, Parsons (Hudson 78), Majoyegbe, Sains, Hamill, Leonard (Hagan 64), Gillies, Grant, Mfula, Midson (Lambert 86).

Unused Subs: Tenyue, Roberts, Beard.

Booked: Prall, Birch, Gillies.

Sent off: Birch.

Lewes: Carey, Carlse, Champion (Yao 46), Nelson, Olukoga, Pritchard (Phipp 90), Silva (Skinner 46), De-Graft, Moore, Taylor, Salmon.

Unused Subs: Jenkins, Dalling, Tozer-Middleton.

Booked: Nelson

Referee: Daniel D’Urso

Attendance: 267 (approx 40 Rooks fans)


#1. Who was the last team to beat us here in a FA Cup replay?

#2. In the run to the First Round Proper in 2001/02, how many replays did we have?

#3. Lewes have only lost one FA Cup tie on penalties. Who was it against?

#4. Our biggest FA Cup victory came in 2018/19 but who was on the end of a 8-1 drubbing?

#5. Our first ever FA Cup replay came in 1964/65. Which current Step 5 side did we play?




Sheppey United FC was formed in 1890 by a merger of Sheerness Victoria and Invicta, and initially played at the Sheppey United Cricket Club ground at Botany Road. The first match was at Sittingbourne on 20 September 1890, with Sheppey running out 3-1 winners despite turning up with only ten players. The match report referred to us as ‘the Sheppeyites’, hence the club nickname ‘The Ites’, which remains to this day.

They were founder members of both the Southern League and the Kent League in 1894. In the Southern League they were placed in Division Two, in which they finished as runners-up in the first season, before losing the promotion/relegation test match against Clapton 5–1.

The following season they finished second again, and this time won the test match, defeating Royal Ordnance Factories 4–2 to earn promotion to Division One. At the end of the season they left the Kent League. The season also saw the club make their debut in the FA Cup when they played Millwall Athletic, but lost 4–0.

In their first season in Division One they finished second bottom of the table, but avoided relegation by defeating RETB Chatham 2–1 in the test matches. In 1898–99 they again finished second bottom of the table but retained their Division One status after drawing the test match against Thames Ironworks 1–1. However, the following season they finished bottom of the table and lost the test match against Watford 2–1, resulting in relegation back to Division Two.

The club re-joined the Kent League prior to the start of the 1900–01 season, as well as remaining in the Southern League. However, after a single season back in Division Two, the club withdrew from the Southern League. In 1905–06 they won the Kent League and repeated the feat the following season. A third title was won in 1927–28, by the reserve team as the first team had re-joined the Southern League for that season and were placed in the English Section. However, after finishing bottom of the league in both 1930–31 and 1931–32 they resigned, and returned to the Kent League in Division One.

At the end of the 1938–39 season Sheppey finished bottom of the league and should have been relegated, but the league was suspended due to the Second World War. After the war Sheppey were placed back in the top division of the Kent league for the 1945–46 season. The club then remained in Division one until the 1958–59 season when the Kent league stopped.

In 1959 they were founder members of the Aetolian League, which they played in until it merged with the London League to form the Greater London League in 1964. After winning Section B of the Greater London League in 1964–65, the club joined the Metropolitan League. They had a single season in the Metropolitan–London League in 1971–72 after it was formed by a merger of the Metropolitan League and the Greater London, before re-joining the new Kent League in 1972. They won the title in their first season back in the league and were league champions again in 1974–75 and 1978–79, as well as winning the League Cup in 1975–76 and 1978–79. After finishing second in 1983–84, the club re-joined the Southern League for a third spell. However, after finishing bottom of Division One South in 1989–90 they returned to the Kent League. They finished bottom of the table in their first season back, but a gradual improvement saw them win the league in 1994–95.

1992 – 2013: The Nomadic Years

Sheppey United sold the much-loved Botany Round ground to developers in 1992 to clear a massive overdraft, and this started a long and slow death for the club.

Initially this did not appear to present too many problems as Sheppey romped away with the Kent League title, whilst ground-sharing with Faversham Town, losing only two out of forty games. Ultimately however, as the club spent most of the 1990s trying in vain to find a new home on the Island, years of playing away from Sheppey began to take its toll, as the club moved from Faversham, to Canterbury, and then to Sittingbourne. Attendances fell sharply as supporters increasingly became disenchanted with traveling off the Island for ‘home’ games, and the club could no longer afford the rents involved.

In March 2001 the club resigned from the Kent League and their record was expunged. The senior team was disbanded until being reformed in 2003, when they joined Division Two East of the Kent County League. They finished second in their first season and were promoted to Division One East. The club was renamed AFC Sheppey in 2007, but was disbanded and reformed under their original name prior to the 2010–11 season.

2013 – 2016: The New Club

In June 2013 the club merged with Sheerness East FC to become Sheppey & Sheerness United FC competing in the Kent County League Premier Division with the club playing their home games a Holm Park formerly Canning Town Gasworks and then Sheerness Steel Sports Ground. The season saw the club win the Kent FA Intermediate Challenge Shield and finish runners up in the league and were promoted to the Kent Invicta League.

In the summer of 2014 the club was renamed back to Sheppey United FC.
Major investment has been injected into Holm Park including: perimeter fencing, new dressing rooms, club house refurbishments, floodlights, stands, levelling the main pitch including installing drainage and sprinkler system.
A second place finish in the Kent Invicta League was achieved at the end of the 2015/16 season gaining promotion to the Southern Counties East Football League Premier Division. The Kent Invicta League merged into the Southern Counties East Football League that summer forming Division One.

2016 was a remarkable season for the club winning the Kent Senior Trophy, beating Ashford United on penalties at Maidstone United’s Gallagher Stadium in front of a crowd of 870, whilst Holm Park’s ground regeneration saw 715 fans flock to the stadium for a home match against Glebe.

After two seasons impacted by COVID-19 the club took the opportunity to invest on and off the pitch, with a new 3G pitch laid and facilities upgraded. Last season saw the SCEFL Championship come to Holm Park as Sheppey won the title, amassing 102 points in the process and gained promotion to the Isthmian League for the first time.



CRAIG COLES Craig joined the coaching team midway through last season as first team coach. Craig spent 5 years with the Gillingham FC Academy and also 18 months at Canterbury City as first team coach.

KIERAN GOODING This is Kieran’s second spell at the Ites, having re-joined as goalkeeper coach at the start of last season. His CV includes being the first team goalkeeping coach at National League South, Hemel Hempstead. This is on top of spells at both Ramsgate and Lordswood.

LEE ALLEN Lee joined the club in July 2021 to head-up all of the clubs social media activity. Having bonded well with both the coaching and playing staff quickly, Lee soon identified an opportunity to also report and study the team’s playing performance and statistical data. Lee is also the kit man.

BEN MACI joined the Ites in the summer as player analyst having just graduated from university.

ALICE LEE physio Alice joined during the summer and has a wealth of football medic experience which includes spells as Whitstable Town and Margate FC.


AIDEN PRALL (Age 24) Started at Charlton as a youngster before making a name for himself at Corinthian. Joined the Ites during the summer and has already become a fans favourite.

FINLEY ROBERTS (Age 18) Maidstone Scholar Finley is in his first season with Sheppey United.


DAN BIRCH (Age 22) Known for his aggressive style and the first man to stand-up for his teammates, it’s of no surprise why Dan is a crowd favourite. The former Charlton Athletic youngster joined the Ites from Herne Bay in 2019 and is comfortable playing right back or as a centre back.

RENFORD TENYUE (Age 35) Otherwise known as Mr. Versatile this season. Comfortable on both wings, it’s at fullback where Renford has excelled this season and at left back has seen off competition from established players such as Danny Smith and Ben Wilson. Formerly with Canterbury City, Faversham Town, Sevenoaks

OLAMILEKAN MAJOYEGBE (Age 21) Former Margate and Corinthian centre back “Lekan” joined the Ites in the summer following an impressive pre-season.

ASHLEY SAINS (Age 28) A strong defender who reads the game well and also reliable for scoring a goal from an attacking set piece. Ashley has also played for Lordswood and Cray Valley – with his time at Cray also including an FA Vase appearance at Wembley.

MATTHEW PARSONS (Age 30) Started as a pro at Crystal Palace making several appearances before moving onto Plymouth Argyle. Signed from Glebe, Parsons can play left back or centre back.


RICHIE HAMILL (Age 28) A creative and composed influencer in the middle of the park with a sweet left foot. Richie has played over 100 games in a Sheppey shirt. Previous clubs include Phoenix Sports, Cray Valley, Fisher, and Erith Town.

LIAM GILLIES (Age 22) Liam Gillies is a favourite with the supporters for his tough tackling and box to box style in midfield. A former Whitstable Town and Sevenoaks player.

BILLY BENNETT (Age 30) A popular player both on and off the field. The club captain who is pivotal in the build-up of any attack. Billy can list VCD Athletic, Herne Bay, Chatham Town, Phoenix Sports, Greenwich Borough, Sevenoaks Town and Beckenham Town as former clubs. Another player who has played over 100 games for the team.

MICHAEL HAGAN (Age 25) Old fashioned winger who likes to hug the touchline and deliver a cross either from deep or the by-line. Formerly with Chatham Town and Faversham Town.   

JEFFERSON AIBANGBEE (Age 26) Comfortable on either flank, Aibangbee adds plenty of pace and power on the wings. Jefferson can also operate through the middle joined Sheppey United from Rusthall last season.   

DANNY LEONARD (Age 25) Former Gillingham youngster Leonard is in his second spell at the club having signed for an undisclosed fee from Dartford FC over the summer.

JACOB LAMBERT (Age 21) Following impressive displays for Crowborough Athletic last season the Ites were quick to sign the promising youngster ahead of a number of teams.


JACK MIDSON (Age 38) Player-ManagerJack is a former top goal scorer from the football league (two). Jack is also the clubs new post-16 academy director as well as coaching our U9s youth team. During his career Jack has played for Stevenage Borough, Hayes, Arlesey Town, Dagenham & Redbridge, Hemel Hempstead Town, Bishop’s Stortford, Histon, Oxford United, AFC Wimbledon, Eastleigh, Braintree Town, Leatherhead and Concord Rangers.

WARREN MFULA (Age 32) A striker in his second spell at the club. Formerly with AFC Croydon Athletic, Dartford, Cray Valley PM, Corinthian Casuals and Hastings United.

DEAN GRANT (Age 31) Another striker in his second spell at the club. Dean is an experienced player who’s had a few spells with Faversham Town and also played at Canterbury City. Dean can also play wide when called upon.



Our Premier top two met at Parkside. Aveley and Potters Bar Town each had only one defeat from their five league matches so far, and each had delivered wins from the other four, so we expected a tight match, and we got one. Lewis Manor put the Scholars ahead on sixty four minutes, but George Sykes earned a replay with two minutes to go. The match didn’t end normally, as it was stopped in added time due to a head injury to a Scholars player- we very much hope that all is soon well.

Billericay Town haven’t had the start they might have expected to our Pitching In Isthmian Premier campaign, and they went behind against Leverstock Green- but then put things right in style. Alfie Cerulli got the equaliser, six minutes after the break, added another on sixty five, and then Chris Dickson got into the act with a brace to make it four-one.

Bishop’s Stortford welcomed St Neots Town of Pitching In Northern Premier Division One Midlands- and became the victims of a giant killing as the visitors won two-nil. Trey Charles, formerly of Northwood, and Manny Ossei, formerly of Brightlingsea Regent, Maldon & Tiptree, Lowestoft Town and many more, scored the goals.

Bognor Regis Town saw Pitching In Isthmian Premier rivals Cray Wanderers arrive at the Nye Camp. The two had already met this season- a two-two draw at Hayes Lane on August 17th- and of course we had another by the sea. Gary Lockyer put Wands ahead on nine minutes only for Nick Dembele to equalise midway through the first half; and although Michael Ademiluyi restored the visitors lead on sixty six minutes it was restored for three minutes only, Nathan Odokonyero with the equaliser.

Brightlingsea Regent welcomed Mildenhall Town to the Taydal. Regent had won two of their last three, defeating Margate and Billericay, and now they’ve won another, as Hall didn’t ever come close to an upset. Connor Barmby put the hosts ahead on fourteen minutes, Zack Littlejohn doubled their advantage with nine minutes to go to the break, and shortly after it Charlie Durling effectively ended the contest.

Canvey Island welcomed Enfield Town and went rather goal crazy! Evans Kouassi managed three of them, the first and the last two, whilst in between them Danny Parish and Jamie Salmon- who scores very rarely but always with his head, perhaps so that we can say he leapt like a…rather large fish- added to the Gulls five. Jake Cass did get one back for the Towners, but this is a day that his side, and their fans, will want to quickly forget. The two sides meet again in the league in just over a fortnight.

Carshalton Athletic brought VCD Athletic to Colston Avenue and finally hit the heights they’ve been threatening all season. Tom Beere and Brad Williams put them two-nil up at the break, and after it they added three more, Calvin Ekpiteta, Crossley Lema and Ollie Cook with those. Ryan King-Elliott got a late consolation for Vickers.

Corinthian-Casuals hosted Burgess Hill Town in Tolworth. The Hillians have had a torrid start to their Pitching In Isthmian South East campaign, losing every league match- but they delivered a giant killing here. Lewis Finney opened the scoring for the visitors on the half hour, before Dan Perry- a veteran of their last famous cup run- made it two just before the break. Ben Checklit did get one back for the hosts, and they had twenty four minutes to find an equaliser, but the Hillians held on for a famous victory.

Cray Valley PM welcomed Hastings United to Kent, and the Millers slayed those giants emphatically, winning three-nil. Sonny Black opened the scoring on thirteen minutes, Dan Bennett doubled the advantage nine minutes before half time, and the same player got the third ten minutes after the break on an abject day for United. Another cup run for the Millers? They’ll hope so!

Folkestone Invicta retained their unbeaten record comfortably against North Greenford United, who currently sit in thirteenth place in Combined Counties Premier North- but they were made to sweat a little. Josh Vincent gave Invicta a twelfth minute lead, but the second goal didn’t arrive and United drew level just after the hour. That was the push the stripes needed, and Ibrahim Olutade and Kadell Daniel finally finished the job, making it three-one.

Herne Bay welcomed Horsham to the seaside (Ramsgate), in an all Pitching In Isthmian Premier clash. The Hornets, you might recall, went as far as the First Round of the competition last season, and have a fine cup pedigree; but they won’t be making a return trip to glory this season, as Bay defeated them by two goals to one. Mason Saunders-Henry opened the scoring for the hosts on twelve minutes, and Marcel Barrington gave them a two goal cushion six minutes before the break. The visitors did get one back, Daniel Ajakaiye with it from the spot just before the end, but that was that.

Ipswich Wanderers were the hosts for Hornchurch. Wanderers, who have drawn their opening three league fixtures of the campaign, comprehensively defeated Pitching In Isthmian North Gorleston in the last round- but the Urchins were too tough for them; Liam Nash, Sam Higgins and an own goal seeing them through, three-one.

Maldon & Tiptree laid out the jam coloured carpet for Haringey Borough. The Jammers came into the match on the back of a string of four successive league defeats, but this is a side who have been slaying giants for years, and they’d already slain this giant in 20-21 so knew they could do it again. So it proved, a late winner from Kamani McFarlane- who also got their opener- enough for victory, despite Georgios Aresti’s equaliser for the North Londoners.

Sevenoaks Town saw Kingstonian arrive at Greatness Park and were the latest addition to our list of giantkillers, as the K’s departed the competition. Ryan Gondoh scored twice for Oaks, and although Louis Collins got a late consolation for the K’s, that was all it was.

Wingate & Finchley welcomed Bowers & Pitsea to North London in an all Pitching In Isthmian Premier clash. Second bottom hosted third bottom, with both sides searching for form. The match had only one goal, and that arrived four minutes from time; Yannis Ambroisine getting it for the home side.


A game of few clear-cut chances ended in a hard-fought 0-0 draw, with Lewes forced to settle for a point for the second successive game over the Bank Holiday weekend, reports Tom Harper.

Tony Russell made three changes to the side that drew 1-1 at Corinthian Casuals 48 hours earlier, with Mitchell Nelson, Will Salmon and Rhys Murrell-Williamson replacing Tom Champion, Ayo Olukoga and Deshane Dalling in the starting line-up.

There were few chances of note early on, despite both sides committing players forward at every available opportunity.

The first opening fell to Lewes, who saw Deon Moore just fail to connect with a Marcel Elva-Fountaine cross from the right in front of goal.

Hastings came into the game as the half progressed and came close to opening the scoring themselves when Sam Hasler had a goal-bound effort blocked, before the ball was worked back out to the right and crossed in for Kane Penn to head wide at the far post.

Lewes were grateful to Lewis Carey for keeping the scores level minutes later, as he made a superb save low down to his left to keep out a close-range volley from Joe Gbode after a sliced Elva-Fountaine clearance.

From the resulting corner taken by Hasler, the unmarked Jack Dixon headed over the bar as the visitors looked to make the most of their spell on top.

Sam Adams was the next player to go close for Hastings, seeing his long-range strike clip the top of the bar with Carey beaten.

The final chance of the half fell to Lewes, Rhys Murrell-Williamson cutting in from the right before seeing his powerful strike deflected onto the bar.

The pace of Gbode had caused the Lewes defence problems during the first half and he continued to pose a threat after the break, with Will Salmon forced into a superb last-ditch challenge to prevent the impressive striker getting a shot away.

The Rooks went close themselves soon after, Alfie Young meeting a Jack Skinner free-kick but only being able to guide his header onto the roof of the net.

Clear-cut chances were few and far between for much of the remainder of the game but Carey had to be alert again to parry a well-struck Hasler free-kick.

Lewes were continuing to find it difficult to get in behind the visitor’s well-organised back line, a Ronan Silva shot from the edge area that went comfortably wide being the closest the Rooks came to taking the lead.

With the game heading towards a stalemate, Hastings had an excellent chance to win it with virtually the last kick, only to see Gbode shoot wide from close range after good play down the right by Tom Chalmers.

The final whistle was blown seconds later, leaving Lewes to reflect on a performance containing plenty of effort but just lacking the cutting edge of their other displays so far this season.


In a new series, Lewes Chair Stuart Fuller reports back on his travels around the world watching football. This week he’s visiting the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, via Schengen and sampling the most popular cuisine in the country.

Up until a few years ago I’d never been to Luxembourg.  It was one of the few UEFA nations I’d never watched a game in or visited come to think of it. But thanks to a new work project I would be spending regular time in Saarbrucken and with no direct flights from the UK the easiest route was to fly to Luxembourg’s Findel Airport and then head south(ish) down to South-West Germany.  Finding out that a Luxembourg team, F91 Dudelange, were still in European competition by mid-July was a remarkable coincidence, naturally. 

According to the travel oracle that is Wikipedia, Dudelange has three notable places to see/visit/do.  The Centre National de L’audiovisuel, a cultural institution that existed to preserve, promote and exhibit Luxembourg’s audiovisual heritage (open until 10pm daily), the Town Hall, home to current mayor Dan Biancalana and the Stade Jos Nosbaum, home to F91 Dudelange.

F91 Dudelange were the reigning champions of the National Division of Luxembourg.  In fact, since the year 2000 there had only been five occasions when they hadn’t been able to pop on We are the Champions on the gramophone. They were managed by the German Dino Toppmöller, son of the legendary Klaus, the former Calgary Boomers player. Oh, and German international and former manager of Bayer Leverkusen (when they were very good), Hamburg (when they were average) and the Georgian National side (when they were bloody awful). Toppmöller had brought them success in recent years but it hadn’t always been the case of their domestic dominance though.  Before 1991 there was no F91.  In fact, there were three Dudelange teams, none of whom were in the best of health.  Alliance Dudelange were struggling to keep their place in the second tier of Luxembourg’s footballing pyramid, their best year (1962 when they won the cup and were National Division runners-up); Stade Dudelange were plying their trade in the third tier in front of two men and their goat although they were ten times champions, the last being in 1965 whilst US Dudelange’s woes were even worse, their last honour coming in 1947 as league champions.

It took ten minutes to decide that a merger between all three of them would be in the best interests of everyone so in the summer of 1991 they joined forced (Formed in 1991 = F91) and took the place in the second tier of Alliance. 

My journey north from our office near Saarbrucken took on the scenic route through Luxembourg across the River Moselle.  As headed south on the A419 I saw a sign that stopped me in my tracks.  Schengen. 

Schengen is the Brexiter’s Hades – a place that is the complete anthesis of what their core values are.  The cradle of movement without borders.  As a seasoned traveller across Europe I was very aware of what Schengen was.  Little did I know that there was a place called Schengen.  There’s few places in the world that also have a meaning such as Schengen. Spa, just a few miles to the north in Belgium.  Bath, representing good old England.  Nice putting up a case in the South of France and of course W@nk, a popular destination in Southern Germany for mountaineers.

But Schengen is real and here I was driving through it, searching for a cashpoint machine and the B152 that would lead me to Dudelange.  According to the guide books, the village is home to around 4,200 and was always famed as a small wine-making community on the banks of the Moselle. But in 1985 its status in European history changed forever.

On the 4th June 1985 five of the then ten-member states of the European Economic Community got together for a bit of lunch whilst on a boat floating down the Moselle from France to Germany.  As they passed Schengen, one of the party remarked how easy it was to move between countries by boat where there were no customs or border checks.  That got the Germans thinking and they suggested there and then they agree between them to open their borders, so their citizens could “float on the tide” between member states.  A hastily drawn up agreement on a used napkin served as the treaty.

It was then another five years before the rest of Europe was able to decipher the poor handwriting of the French and also sign the crumbled paper tissue, creating the Schengen Convention that meant free movement for all in the European Union, bar good old Great Britain and Northern Ireland who insisted that that everyone should sign their sheet of Basildon Bond.  Fortunately, for the Brexiteers at least, nobody wanted to and thus we were excluded from the Schengen club, for ever as it seems today.

Today there’s a museum dedicated to that boat trip along the Moselle in the village, called The European Museum although their version of events includes references to the 1957 Treaty of Rome and a much more formal meeting with an agenda and proper minutes.  Honestly, where’s the sense of history in that?  My version of events is all that you need to know should you ever find yourself in South Eastern Luxembourg.

The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg as it is officially called, is about the same size as Northamptonshire.  One of the three official capitals of the European Union it is one of the least-populous countries in Europe, but is attracting more and more people to live there, and they all use the same currency and speak English. 

So, Schengen (the place not the policy) negotiated I headed west towards Dudelange, through open fields and beautiful countryside.  I’d had an impression that Luxembourg would be grey, neutral, dull.  I finally made it to Dudelange at 6pm but good old SatNav was having trouble finding the Stade Jos Nosbaum.  “Turn Right in 100 yards then immediately turn left” Ah, the curse of the Satnav as it tried to take me through a pedestrian-only side street.  “Make a U-turn” was the next instruction, despite being in a one-way system.  It then berated me for stopping to get some cash out, pointedly reminding me I wouldn’t be at the destination until 6.06pm now.

I couldn’t find the stadium but did see some fans and followed them at a crawl, ignoring the angry traffic behind me.  They took a left and started going up a steep hill.  I followed, the car now almost moving as fast backwards as it was going forwards and then I saw the ground in the distance.  A security guard waved me up the hill as I was blocking the traffic and so I continued to climb and climb.  Finally, I was in a field, along with a hundred or so other cars.  The view was breath-taking as we could look down on the stadium, set in a valley.  Some fans had decided on the cheap option of sitting here, picnic blankets laid, wine opened, and cheese being spread.  That wasn’t for me (if they had some nice mature Cheddar rather than Brie then I would have been straight there) so I headed back down the hill, around the corner and approached the stadium.  I was only 37 minutes late.

F91 Dudelange 91 0 APOEL Nicosia 1 – Stade Jos Nosbaum – Wednesday 19th July 2017

As I paid my €20 I noticed the noise of the crowd, or lack of it.  There was a deathly silence inside the ground.  Was this the politest crowd in football?  Luxembourg in the sunshine had the feeling of a sleepy little place but surely there should be some atmosphere?  It seemed that they’ve brought their fans up to be respectful in these parts as APOEL had been awarded a penalty, after Schnell was judged to have fouled Oar Haney.  APOEL’s centre-forward Igor de Camargo took his time, leisurely walked up to the ball and slotted it home. One-nil on the night, two-nil on aggregate and three home goals now needed.

The temperature in the car when I parked on the hill-side was 37 degrees and with little shade in the ground it was going to be an uncomfortable hour or so watching the game. What I needed was a cold drink and something to eat, such as a sausage – I mean, it is sacrilege to be in foreign lands and not have at least a little nibble on a knockwurst of some variety.

Fortunately, the officials had obviously been expecting a hungry and thirsty crowd and had fired up the grill early and rows upon rows of what looked like basic German sausages were sizzling away. Before I could taste though there was a lesson in Luxembourg cuisine.  These were Thüringen-style sausages, a spicy version of a German Bratwurst.  They aren’t allowed to be called Thüringen’s though unless they come from Thuringia, which is about 300 miles to the east in the centre of Germany.  Just like sparkling dry white wine can’t be called Champagne unless it is from North-East France, Parmigiano-Reggiano has to come from Emilia-Romagna and Monster Munch have to come from Munster in Germany, the sausages being served here were actually called Lëtzebuerger Grillwurscht.  I just pointed and handed over €5.  The international language of the English.

The game had the feel of a pre-season game, such was the draining heat. Now I understood why the game had kicked off at 6pm rather than a cooler 9pm.  In these parts, midweek games are a rarity and so the home-side’s single watt floodlight wouldn’t have been sufficient to illuminate the pitch if the game would have kicked off at 8pm or later.  And so, as a penalty they had to kick off when the sun was still high in the sky. The Cypriots were obviously comfortable with the heat and took the sting out of the game with Dudelange having to chase the ball. The fifty or so away fans, housed in their own pen at the end of the stand greeted every touch of the ball with a cheer.  It would be a long second period for the home side.

To their credit, they came out of the dressing room fired up and started to try to stretch the APOEL defence but when they found their way through, Waterman in goal was alive to the danger.  As time progressed so did the home side’s enthusiasm.  The final few minutes saw the home side come the closest they had been in the two games to score with Stolz and Prempeh forcing great saves from Waterman.

Full-time and there was no disgrace in the 2-0 aggregate defeat.  The dream for the Luxembourg side is to one-day get to the Group Stages of the Champions League. The level of competitiveness in the domestic league has come a long way since the dark days of those Chelsea, Celtic or Ipswich Town defeats. Freedom of movement has meant clubs can build better squads and hopefully, that will translate over time in a stronger national side.  .

I had time to kill before my flight, so I decided to stay in Dudelange for some dinner.  I took to Social Media for recommendations and was soon sitting in a window seat at Pinup (take a left as bar “Why not Dudelange” without the question-mark so it is a rhetorical bar).  I asked the waitress, Jana from Slovenia, for a typical Luxembourgish dish.  Her first recommendation was a cheese burger.  I asked what the most popular dish was.  She suggested Spaghetti Bolognese.  So, I asked for the most exotic dish.  “You mean least popular?  That would be Bouneschlupp”.  And so, fifteen minutes later I was tucking into a steaming soup-cum-stew made of green beans, potatoes, bacon and onions with a side order of Gromperekichelecher (easier to eat than say) which was a sort-of spicy hash brown all washed down with a large Bofferding.  Who doesn’t like a Bofferding eh?

And so, another adventure came to a close.  I’d enjoyed my first ever visit to Luxembourg and knowing that it wouldn’t be my last I spent my time at the airport “just” checking for any midweek games in the country over the next few weeks.  Hmm, Fola Esch-sur-Alztte versus Östersund in the Third Qualifying Round of the Europa League, 6.30pm kick off?  Stop it Stuart.


You can sponsor the player of your choice, subject to availability, for the 2022/23 season and get your name in lights, plus a home or away shirt signed by your player and presented to you at a home game. Contact Shrey for more details at Shrey@lewesfc.com.

Lewis CareySusie ArlettJack Skinner
Tom CarlseHenry Muggeridge
Marcel Elva-FountaineRhys Murrell-WilliamsonTrevor Norwood
Kenny YaoDeshane Dalling
Tom ChampionTom, Alice & Russ MouldRazz Coleman De-Graft
Will SalmonDeon Moore
Mitchell NelsonJoe TaylorStuart Fuller
Ayo OlukogaFraser Middleton-Tozer
Bradley PritchardFinley Jenkins
Alfie YoungRonan Silva
Tom Phipp


Yet another visit to King Georges Field. It’s possibly the away ground we have visited the most in recent years what with Kingstonian lodging there. But this would be our only visit this season, barring any cup draw of course, as Kingstonian have now gone to lodge at Tooting and Mitcham. All our recent visits have necessitated driving due to train issues on the day but this journey would be back on the train. Yes, it’s more expensive, longer and there’s lots that can go wrong but it’s not a proper Stodgebuster day out unless it’s on the train. And we wouldn’t have to negotiate the Roundabout From Hell. In these environmentally conscious times it’s also greener and PJ even went the extra mile by getting the local bus to the station.

It was a full compliment of Stodgebusters who met up at Lewes station. PJ, Steve, Roly and Gary. Even Turnstile Alan decided to join us. That would surely mean train problems further down the line. Gary dished out the tickets as if he was dealing cards and off we went.

Only Steve had remembered the sweets. Unfortunately he had bought jelly babies which. although delicious, only last about five seconds. They were all gone in a flash. There was a seamless change at Clapham Junction and before we knew it we were exiting Tolworth station. The ticket barriers were open, just like they had been at Lewes, and we hadn’t been ticket checked on the trains. Ridiculous. No wonder there is so much fare evasion going on.

Next stop would be the Broadway Cafe. Ardent Rooks fan Tony had been on the same train and he joined us for the ten minute stroll from the station, across the Roundabout From Hell, via the subways. Stroll is about the right pace for us these days. It was a very warm day and a couple of us rued the decision to ditch the summer shorts in favour of jeans. We do have fine legs too. Thanks BBC weather for getting the forecast wrong.

The Broadway Cafe. An often visited watering hole for us but we’ve never had a table for six before. Tony had joined us for lunch and was granted  honourary Stodgebuster membership for the day. Luckily it wasn’t too busy and they had an eight seater table. Perfect.

It’s all the usual fare at the Broadway Cafe and it’s fair to say it wouldn’t be first choice for vegetarians. The all day breakfast is always popular and we plumped for four of those of varying size and content. A couple of the lads chose steak and kidney pud with veg. MMMMM lovely. That is quite a rare option in the cafes we frequent. We then reminisced and swapped stories of how our mothers used to make them back in the day. PJ had toyed with the idea of having the pud but didn’t in the end. He thought it might be too much to eat if similar to the monstrous portion one gets when choosing it at The Green Man in Ringmer, a favourite of his and Gary. As it was, it was a much smaller portion than that and PJ wished he had chosen it. Next season he’s having that if we are in the same league.

The food was excellent, as was the service so Supporters Club Treasurer Al who was in charge of the whip was armed with a healthy tip as he did the paying. We gave it a 9.5 on the Stodge-o-Meter.

It was still only 1.45. We took an even slower stroll down to the ground and into the bar. Now this was a bit of a disappointment. Gary and PJ are not beer lovers but are partial to an orange juice and lemonade with ice on warm days.

“Sorry, we’ve no lemonade”.

Whoever heard of a bar with no lemonade? It’s not our first refreshment disappointment there. We’ll never forget an evening game there years ago when there was no food for sale in the ground and we fought over the six cheese rolls for sale in the bar and their stock of crisps.

With Will Salmon suspended there was a bit of a re-jig at the back. Good news was that Joe was back on the bench.

To say Lewes dominated the opening minutes would be an understatement. Wave after wave of attacks rained down on the Casuals goal but the numerous chances were squandered.

“There’s only one team in this”.

“Yes. It probably means we’ll go one down in a minute”.

And it happened. Deon Moore clean through, one on one with the keeper, he must score. He didn’t. He shot straight at the keeper. The Stodgebusters all agreed that we would have just dinked it over the diving keeper if it had been one of us in that situation. The keeper quickly distributed the ball (the only thing he did quickly all game) and before we know it the ball is on the right side of our box with an unmarked Casuals player who places the ball very nicely across Carey and into the far corner.  Blimey.

The half carried on in the same vein. Total domination from Lewes but either the final ball was lacking or the chance was blasted wide, or more often over the bar. The loss of balls out of the ground really didn’t help Lewes as the replacements took an age to arrive and Casuals weren’t in any hurry shown by the constant returning of the ball to the pitch as far away from any player as possible. 

“We’ll turn this around second half”.

One couldn’t fault the effort. Almost total domination again although we did have one scare when Champion lost the ball in a dangerous area and Carey made a great save to rescue the situation. Chance after chance after chance went begging. Razz must have put four good chances clean over. Silva crashed the ball against the cross bar when he looked odds-on to score. It looked like being another one of those days. Last throw of the dice and Joe Taylor was brought on. His hold up play immediately had a effect. Incredibly he was barged in the back by a defender, possibly in the box, but received the first card of the game. If that was a dive then the Stodgebusters are The Royal Ballet. Joe had the last laugh though. He got the ball in the box, held the ball at the by line right in front of us, twisted and turned and then did the only thing he could. He smashed it across goal into the six yard box into a gaggle of players. Fortunately for us and unfortunately for the Casuals number three it came off his leg at pace and nestled in the net.  Cue pandemonium and huge relief behind the goal. Lewes dominated for the last ten minutes but couldn’t force a winner although a Joe header hit the bar. The referee had decided he liked his yellow card and started brandishing it everywhere. The keeper finally got a yellow for his timewasting to a great cheer from behind the goal. Four minutes of added time. Four minutes? What a joke. The keeper alone must have wasted more than that.

We strolled back to the station with a few of the others and left the Casuals to send out search parties for lost balls. A point away is never bad, especially going into the last ten minutes when we thought we wouldn’t not get anything. We agreed it was two points dropped though and we had all predicted a win. But on the positive side we played some damn fine football. Maybe a little extra shooting practice in training next week Tony?

The journey home was smooth. Even Alan, the train Jonah, had no effect this time. And once again all the station barriers were open. Not once were our tickets checked. We could all have travelled for nothing. But as fine upstanding members of society we wouldn’t do that. Sort it out Southern.

The Stodgebusters will return at Sheppey United for the first game of our run to Wembley.


Football finance expert, and friend of Lewes FC, Kieran Maguire says it could cost almost £900 to complete the latest official World Cup sticker album. But is there a cheaper way? And will the rising cost of shinies deter collectors from chasing those elusive final players?

“Got. Got. Got. Need.”

It’s that time again. Just months until the start of the World Cup, and thoughts turn to years of vital tradition.

And few rituals have endured like filling in the Panini sticker book.

Many have already started collecting and sticking. But some have noticed that it’s not just the players or teams that have changed – the price has gone up too.

According to Maguire, completing the official Qatar 2022 book could cost up to £883.80.

Kieran, who himself has been collecting stickers for many years, says the price of a five-pack has gone up from 20p many years ago to 90p now.

In total there are 670 to collect.

A quick maths lesson from Kieran tells us, assuming you manage to get all 670 on your first go, that works out at £120.60

But the University of Liverpool academic tells Radio 1 Newsbeat that’s “possible but highly improbable”, as anyone who’s quested for that final, obscure sticker will know.

Collector Callum feels the Panini book creates a buzz around the tournament

Kevin says there is a one in 669 chance of repeat stickers, meaning that when you “do the maths”, the final total could be more like £883.80.

“If you put the numbers into a probability machine, that’s the way it works out,” he says.

With the cost of living crisis permanently in the news at the moment, will the spiralling cost be enough to put off seasoned sticker hunters?

Callum Watson, who has been collecting World Cup stickers since the 2010 tournament in South Africa, thinks not.

The 27-year-old says the hobby brings a bit of added excitement to the occasion.

“It gives me a buzz that the World Cup is about to start,” he says.

“And it gives me a chance to look back at the previous World Cup and see the changes to teams over the years.”

Normally, Callum spends up to £100 on his albums, and higher prices even for an incomplete book will not put him off.

“I’m always up for doing it. You have to look at it as a four-year thing,” he says.

“My favourite memory is swapping with your mates, when there’s loads of you around the table swapping.”

Money man Kieran says swapping with other collectors is the most well-known workaround for those looking to save some cash.

“You can also buy the stickers directly from Panini,” he says. “If you go through that approach it will probably reduce the cost to around £150.

“There’s quite a big community out there of people who are involved [in swapping].”

Why have prices gone up?

Kieran says the best time to turn to systems such as swaps to fill in the gaps is once you’ve bought at least 50 packs.

“It’s the nature of the beast, Panini have to pay a royalty figure to FIFA,” Kieran says.

“And they have to negotiate with the individual football associations to get the rights to use the shirt and the badge. So it’s an expensive business for them.”

But he says it’s the tradition that keeps the likes of him and Callum sticking with the hobby.

Kieran adds: “There’s no better feeling than that final sticker in that final team, especially if it’s done before the tournament starts.”





Herne Bay have ongoing ground work being undertaken and are playing their home games at Ramsgate FC, so the details below refer to Ramsgate’s Southwood Stadium rather than Herne Bay’s Winch’s Field.

About The Southwood Stadium
The Southwood Stadium is massive.  It is hard to comprehend how big the actual area of the ground really is from the outside as it is hemmed in by houses, but despite having a huge playing surface, with a wide perimeter of grass around, there is still undeveloped areas on each side.  It is a basic ground. 

The clubhouse and changing rooms are actually outside the ground in the car park, and it is quite bizarre to see the players lining up in the car park (albeit behind fences) waiting to enter the playing field. 

There are covered terraces at each end and a small main stand with benches instead of seats.  The far side of the ground is open.  There is a Portakabin perched in the corner of the ground as the boardroom, and one on the other side that acts as the club shop.  The club house is also outside the ground as you enter down Price’s Avenue.

The club installed a 3G in 2021 which has enabled them to generate new funds which will be used to redevelop parts of the ground.

How to get to The Southwood Stadium
Approach Ramsgate from the west via A299 (Canterbury/London) or A256 (Dover/Folkestone) to Lord of Manor roundabout.  Follow the signpost to Ramsgate along Canterbury Road East, counting via 2nd exit of the 1st roundabout.  At the 2nd roundabout, continues towards Ramsgate on London Road (2nd exit).  Take the 3rd turning on the left, into St Mildred’s Avenue, then 1st left into Queen Bertha Road. After the right hand bend, take left into Southwood Road, and 1st left into Price’s Avenue. The stadium is at the end of Price’s Avenue. There is ample free parking at the ground or on the surrounding streets.  Mileage from Lewes FC is 111 miles (our longest away trip by road).

The nearest railway station is Ramsgate (on the London Victoria line or the HS1 from St Pancras/Ebbsfleet/Ashford International), which is a 10-15 minute walk away.  When you come out of the station turn right, and walk along Wilfred Road (past the Post office Sorting office) and straight on at the traffic lights at the junction with St Lawrence Park Road into Grange Road.  Follow Grange Road until you get to a shopping centre and at zebra crossing turn right into Southwood Road. Go up Southwood Road, following the road round to right at the top, then turn 1st left into Price’s Avenue.  Current off-peak return fare from Lewes (changing at Hastings then Ashford International) is £20.70.  Approximate journey time is 2 hours 25 minutes.  The journey via London Victoria is over 3 hours long and may cost around £50.

Admission at The Southwood Stadium
Admission this season for Herne Bay games is £12 for adults, £7 for concessions (senior citizens, students and Under18s), and accompanied under 12s are £2. You can buy tickets in advance here.  

Fancy a beer?
The nearest pub to the ground is the York Tavern on Vale Road which is a decent size but many will head for the micro-pub, The Hovelling Boat Inn on York Street, one road back from the seafront.  There’s a second micro-pub in Minster, around 4 miles from the centre of Ramsgate called the Hair of the Dog (High Street) which has some excellent reviews. Other decent bars in the town centre include The Red Lion on King Street and the Australian Arms which is on the walk from the station to the ground.


Ford United were once one of the most ambitious Non-League clubs, racing up the leagues at a remarkable pace. Actually, they are still around today, but under the name of Redbridge FC (not to be confused with Dagenham & Redbridge), still retaining the nickname of the Motormen though. Prior to the start of the 2003/4 season they were simply known as Ford United, tracing their roots back to the Ford Motors plant in Dagenham.

They started life in 1959 as merger between two clubs, Ford Sports (Dagenham), the football team of the workers at the huge local Ford Motors factory at Dagenham, and Briggs Sports, both of which were founded in 1934. 

As Ford United, they performed well in the Aetolian League winning the title twice,[ and finishing runners up once. The club found itself in serious trouble at the start of 1995–96 season, however, as sponsorship from the Ford Motor Company was ended and the disbanding of the club seemed highly likely, until club vice-chairman, George Adams enlisted Sky Sports as sponsors, rescuing the club financially. The club played at Rush Green, which today is part of West Ham United’s training complex.

In 1997/98 they were promoted to the Isthmian League from the Essex Senior League, winning the Third division at their first attempt, starting an amazing run which saw them promoted for another two consecutive seasons, reaching the Isthmian Premier League for the start of the 2002/03 season. They also reached the FA Cup First Round in 1998, losing 3-0 at Preston North End.

It was during this period that we locked horns for the first time, in the 1998/99 season as the Rooks finished 4th, just one point off automatic promotion from the Isthmian League Third Division.

During the 2001-02 season Barkingside FC sold the lease on their Oakside ground was sold on to Ford United who needed to find a permanent home to allow their progression up the football pyramid. Considerable investment by Jimmy Chapman, the then Chairman saw Oakside developed to a grade 1 ground. A year later they reached the FA Cup First Round again, holding Port Value 2-2 at Vale Park before a 2-1 defeat at Oakside.

The two clubs were to meet once more, but when they had become Redbridge in the 2004/05 Conference South season, with the Rooks winning 1-0 away and 5-4 at The Dripping Pan. Since then Redbridge have slid down the divisions and now play in the Essex Senior League.


“The Isthmian Football League strongly supports the FA statement that there should be a zero tolerance approach against racism and all forms of discrimination. Accordingly any form of discriminatory abuse whether it by reason of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, sex and sexual orientation or any other form of abuse will be reported to The Football Association for action by that Association.” (The FA 0800 085 0508 / Kick it Out 020 7253 0162).The Isthmian League and all Member Clubs in the League are committed to promoting equality by treating people fairly and with respect, by recognising that inequalities may exist, by taking steps to address them and providing access and opportunities for all members of the community.”

Lewes 2000 FC Limited. Registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number 03790979. Lewes 2000 FC Limited is 100% owned by Lewes Community Football Club.

Honorary President Terry Parris
Chair Stuart Fuller
Directors Sue Anstiss MBE (co-opted), Ed Briggs, Scott Currie, Karen Dobres, Stuart Fuller, Lucy Mills, John Peel, Sally Taplin, Trevor Wells
Chief Executive Officer Maggie Murphy
Club Secretary John Peel
Fan Engagement Manager Shrey Nilvarna
Youth Secretary Ryan Sullivan
Operations Manager James Barker

Equality FC Campaign Manager Karen Dobres

Life Members
Peter Brook, Dorothy Brook RIP, Vic Blunt, Pat Dartnell, Gary Elphick, Gordon Fowlie, Peter Hiscox RIP, Billy Nixon, Derrick Parris RIP, Terry Parris, Jimmy Quinn, P. Swaysland, Steve Ibbitson, Jason Hopkinson, Steve White, Martin Elliot, Kevin Fingerneissl, Kevin Powell, David and Barbara Arnold, Roger and Cathy Feltham, Ethel Treagus, Roy Dartnell RIP, Ron Moore, Derek Southouse, Ray Smith, Ken Carter RIP

Manager Tony Russell
Assistant manager Joe Vines
First team coach Nathan White
First team physio Toni Miller
Goalkeeping coach Grant Hall
Match logistics Clive Burgess & Vikram Dogra
First Team Performance Analyst Henderson Russell
Under-18s Manager Dale Hurley
Under-18s Assistant Manager Craig Stevens
Under-18s coaches Jake Legrange and Johnny Buggy

Golden Rook Rob Read
Web Editor Stuart Fuller
Progcast Editor Stuart Fuller
Club Photographer James Boyes






  1. Leiston in 2008/09
  2. Three (Sittingbourne, Gosport Borough and Mangotsfield United)
  3. Dulwich Hamlet in 2000/01
  4. Molesey 8-1
  5. Redhill