Saturday 11th March 2023 3pm – The Dripping Pan – The Isthmian Premier League

Rook divider

Welcome to The Dripping Pan for this afternoon’s Isthmian Premier League game against Enfield Town. Here is your complimentary e-programme.

Rook divider
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is FoJClJlXwAAMhzm-1024x683.jpeg


This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is unnamed-1024x352.jpg
Rook divider


This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_7937-1024x707.jpg

Good afternoon and welcome back to the Dripping Pan for this afternoon’s Isthmian Premier League tie against Enfield Town. I’d like to welcome the fans, players, management and officials from The Blues and hope their journey home is problem free.

There’s been some squad changes over the past couple of weeks, and with just over two weeks to go until the registration deadline passes, we will likely see some more movements. Our two full backs, Johnville Renee and Jamie Mascoll have both moved on. Jamie was on a month to month contract and after the Aveley game both he and Tony decided not to renew it any more. We received a 7-day approach for Johnville from Enfield Town and gave him permission to talk to them. They made him a generous offer and he decided to move to North London. We wish both players all the best for the rest of the season.

Inbound has been Jaydn Mundell-Smith, who has joined us from Wealdstone for the remainder of the season, whilst Archie Tamplin made his debut for us last Saturday, having been with the squad for the past couple of months.

It isn’t great timing to lose players but there are some very ambitious clubs in our league who have the budget to offer significant amounts to players. We aren’t in a position to increase our weekly budget, something that Tony has managed superbly this season, so we’ve always had to make spare money available before we can bring anyone else in.

Tony and I went to watch Enfield at Hastings United on Tuesday night and we know how tough today will be. They aren’t in the top five through luck, and whilst our recent record against them has been good, we will come off the pitch today, win, lose or draw, knowing we’ve been in a huge battle. There’s still everything to play for – I can’t see past Hornchurch or Bishop’s Stortford winning the league, so that leaves 3 play-off spots. We’ve got a tough couple of weeks that will define our season and then go into the last five weeks of the season with a chance.

A lot of my week has been spent handling questions, queries and complaints about the ticketing process for our Vitality FA Cup Quarter-Final against Manchester United next Sunday. This will be the biggest game in the club’s history and the first time we will be shown live on mainstream TV (via BBC’s iPlayer). Naturally demand is high to come to the game – unfortunately, supply is limited by our capacity.

Therefore we needed to put a process in place that allowed for multiple stakeholders, for want of a better word, to have the opportunity to come to the game. Owners, season ticket holders, community groups and of course United fans. Our team has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to set up our ticketing platform to offer tickets in priority groups and whilst some may disagree, it has gone pretty smoothly. The vast majority of the Women’s team’s fans have already, or will likely, secured a ticket for the game. We fully understand that some people have yet to get a ticket and we ask you to be patient. Being abusive on Social Media, or email, is hardly the way to react. Unfortunately, over the past year this has been far too common as a reaction and at a time when the club needs the help from volunteers, it doesn’t help encourage people to give up their time if they see the abuse they get. Naturally, with so much interest in this game from fans, ticket sales for our remaining three Women’s Championship games will also be a premium, or am I just being cynical? (Tickets for the games can be bought here).

But for today it is all about the three points for Tony’s side and to close the gap on the top five.

Get behind the team and Come On You Rooks!


Rook divider


This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 52661955947_193cef2481_5k-1-1024x683.jpg

Good afternoon everyone. Last week at Hornchurch was a good game to be part of – a game that I came away from disappointed we didn’t get the three points, not just because we were leading late on, but because we played so well. I’m extremely proud of the group and how far we have come. There’s no getting away from it, Hornchurch are an exceptional side, with the strongest side in the league so it always going to be a test for us. The pitch was tricky, it didn’t lend itself to both sides who wanted to play football.

We had to withstand pressure but on the other hand we put them under the cosh for periods. Our first goal was outstanding and a move we had worked on in training. That goal was made out of the week before’s work. We watched their game against Billericay and saw how they scored a very similar goal and we decided to work on that. JT is like a computer, always self-programming and learning and he watched that goal and understood what he needed to do to score something similar. That’s why he’s a better player than last year, from his time at Cray Wanderers and at any time in his career. We heard the roar go up and that was brilliant.

There were a couple of moments in the game that if we would have taken the chances on offer, we would have gone on to win the game. When we was at 1-0, Razz dragged a ball from JT wide that would have seen us go in 2-0 up at the break and then just after Ryan had put us ahead, Tyrique has gone clean through with the keeper to beat, but the keeper makes a save. Two minutes later they equalise.

On the hour mark we were 1-1 and we discussed whether we made changes to tighten up at the back and take a draw. But that’s not us and so we made positive substitutions because we felt we could still win the game.

Today we face Enfield Town, another really big game. Training was disrupted with the weather this week and a change of venue at the last hour. Every club we face has specific threats – Stortford’s ability to put balls into the box, Billericay’s threat on the counter – Enfield bring a real traditional non-league side threat. Big centre-halves, long throws, set play balls into the box, looking for their target man. Don’t get me wrong, they have good players, they are hard working, well organised but we know where the major threat will come from. We’ve had success against them in our previous three meetings since I’ve been here.

It’s a real contrast of styles and if we can dictate that style and how the game is played we will win. If we don’t and they dictate in terms of what they do really well, it will be a really tough game against an exceptional side who are not in the top five again through luck.

We need to be at our best today. We need to stand up to them, matching them across the pitch but we also need to play our game. Ten games to go – six of them here – we are really in the business end of the season.

We will also see Johnville back today although he will be wearing an Enfield shirt. We really enjoyed him being at the club – he was a really popular player in the squad but Enfield put a seven dayer in and he’s now with them – that’s football. We wish him all the best. That does leave us a little bit light but we are working hard to bring in a couple new players in the next few days for the run in.

Keep up the noise and Come on you Rooks!


Rook divider


Rook divider
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Zenitel_logo_main_01-1.png
Rook divider



Formed on 23rd June 2001, Enfield Town FC started life in the Essex Senior League in 2001-02. The club finished runners-up in that first season before winning the league championship the following year.  Their time spent in the ESL was successful, with two championships, two league cups, a Middlesex Charity Cup and wins in the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy and Capital Counties Feeder Leagues Trophy finals to show for their efforts.

After securing promotion to the Southern League (East) in 2005 under manager Jim Chandler, the Towners had a successful first season at that level, before eventually losing to Wivenhoe Town in the promotion play-offs.  The following year, following a move into the Ryman League for 2006-07, the club again finished 3rd – this time losing out in the play-offs to AFC Sudbury. In 2009-10, the club yet again only just missed out on promotion, being beaten this time by Concord Rangers in the play-off final.  

The club originally played at Brimsdown Rovers’ Goldsdown Road in a ground share arrangement. But in October 2008, the London Borough of Enfield announced a deal with the club which paved the way for it to relocate to the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium.  Realising a long-held dream, the club worked closely with the Council to see the old athletics arena restored and upgraded to be able to host Isthmian League football.  At last the club had a home of its own, a short distance from the former Enfield FC stadium in Southbury Road.

While retaining a running track as a training facility for local use, the club has been able to provide an atmospheric environment. The Stadium was formally opened in November 2011 with a match against a Tottenham Hotspur XI.  

Following the move to the new ground, after finishing as Ryman League Division One (North) runners-up under manager Steve Newing, Town overcame Grays Athletic and Needham Market in two very close play-off matches to secure promotion to Step 3. Subsequently, after aiming for a period of consolidation, safety was only guaranteed on the final day of the 2013-14 campaign with a 2-1 win at Cray Wanderers.

Bradley Quinton succeeded George Borg as first team manager in August 2014 and, such was the team’s improvement that a play-off place was achieved, only for three crucial points to be deducted in controversial circumstances towards the end of the campaign which consequently led to a final league placing of 7th. 

In 2015-16, the side embarked upon on an impressive late run, but missed out on a play-off spot by two points. Then in 2016-17, the club’s Premier Division play-off dream was realised, but a 2-4 reverse at Dulwich Hamlet in the semi-final put paid to further progress.      

Following the departure of Quinton to Braintree Town, Andy Leese took over the managerial reins at the start of the 2017-18 season and, under his management, the club have progressed further in the FA Cup and FA Trophy than ever before and won the Velocity Trophy (Isthmian League Cup) for the first time in 2019.   

In June 2017, the club were awarded the Charter Standard Community Club of the Year by the Middlesex Football Association, one of several awards received in recognition of all the hard work being done to support the local community. In November 2017 a 3G training facility was opened adjacent to the club’s stadium. This London Borough of Enfield project was made possible with a grant via the Football Foundation and is used primarily by Enfield Town FC as well as a range of local schools and other clubs. Subsequently, Enfield Town FC Community Sport Development Ltd, a not-for-profit organisation run independently of the football club, was formed to support local community activities, which currently include football schools, holiday clubs, disability football and walking football. This organisation was recently granted charity status.

In the summer of 2018, the QEII Stadium hosted eight matches (including the final) of the Confederation of Independent Football Associations (CONIFA) Football World Cup. Between January 2019 and January 2020 three players – Rian McLean, Josh Davison and Muhammadu Faal – were signed by EFL clubs. From September 2020 a partnership between the club and the EDSV Academy (now Level 7 Academy) was started with a view to providing a pathway for Under 18 players to progress, potentially into the first team squad in due course. Last season, the club’s twentieth, Enfield Town celebrated ten years at their current home, the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium, and marked the occasion by showcasing the club’s various teams at all age groups and abilities; a testament to its status as a footballing hub in the local area. The senior men’s side had one of its best in recent memory, reaching the Third Round of the FA Trophy – a stage never before achieved by the club – and finishing a highest-ever third place in the Isthmian Premier Division, before falling to two late Hornchurch goals in the play-off semi-final.

The first supporter-owned club in the country, growth continues at a sustainable pace. Over the years, successful Reserve, Youth and Ladies sides have been developed, alongside other teams of various age groups and abilities, including a learning difficulties squad. The club continues to pursue its vision as an inclusive club for all and a football and social centre for the community, with a range of teams playing at the highest sustainable levels possible.


Nathan McDonald (Goalkeeper)

‘Keeper Nathan signed from Braintree Town for his first spell at the club in the summer of 2014 and went on to be an ever-present in the league for three years. An England C international, he moved back to Braintree in time for the 2017-18 season, helping them to promotion via the play-offs. He switched to Chelmsford City in August 2018 before a move back to the QEII Stadium in May 2019, clocking up his 300th appearance for the Towners in January 2023. His other previous clubs include AFC Sudbury, Cambridge United and Southend United.

Adi Connolly (Goalkeeper)

Goalie Adi Connolly made the step from Enfield Town’s U19 academy to the first-team squad last summer, gaining minutes in a number of pre-season friendlies and stepping into the senior side during the campaign; keeping a clean sheet on his league debut against Potters Bar Town in January 2022. He has previously turned out for Berkhamsted Comrades and Leverstock Green FC.

Alex Solomon (Defender)

Alex initially signed for Enfield Town during the second half of the 21-22 season, and re-joined the club in September 2022. He was part of the academy setup at Crystal Palace and then Leyton Orient, and has also spent time with Leicester City. Capped by Cyprus at youth level, he recently spent time in Sweden with Ytterhogdals IK.

James Richmond (Defender)

Central defender James became a Towner during the 2022-23 off-season. The 27-year-old had been skipper at Merstham for the last three seasons and was previously at Burgess Hill Town, where he was voted their Player of the Season in 2017. He’s also had stints with Carshalton, Kingstonian, Hampton & Richmond Borough, and Leatherhead.

Dequane Wilson-Braithwaite (Defender)

A versatile defender adept in the centre or at full-back, Dequane signed for Town ahead of this season, having most recently turned out for St Neots Town. He had previously been with Tottenham Hotspur’s academy, and has also accrued non-league experience with Carshalton Athletic and Potters Bar Town.

Joshua Okotcha (Defender)

Centre-half Joshua Okotcha joined the Towners in November 2022, having previously had a stint in non-league football with Hendon. A product of West Ham United’s academy, where he spent three seasons, the 20-year-old is capable at the heart of defence or in midfield.

Lewis Knight (Defender)

Centre-back Lewis joined Enfield Town at the end of October 2022 on an initial month’s loan from Margate, and scored in his first two games in a blue and white shirt: on his debut in a 4-2 win over Herne Bay and a sensational late winner over Hastings United. Now with Town until the end of the campaign, he brings with him plenty of prior experience in non-league, having previously played at step 2 with the likes of St Albans City, Concord Rangers and Maidstone United.

Joe Payne (Defender)

Joe returned to Donkey Lane in September 2022, having previously had spells with Potters Bar Town, Concord Rangers, Grays Athletic and Wealdstone. He originally joined Enfield Town from Barnet on loan in March 2019, where he had been since 2010 having graduated through the youth set-up to sign a professional contract at The Hive. Primarily a left-back who can also play centrally, he scored on his Town debut in a 3-1 win at Whitehawk, before penning a permanent deal in the 2019-20 off-season.

Johnville Renee (Defender)

A March 2023 addition to the Towners’ ranks, right-sided wing back Johnville signed from fellow promotion hopefuls Lewes, where had been one of the club’s most consistent players this season. The 25-year-old also counts Bishop’s Stortford, Maldon & Tiptree, and Braintree Town among his former clubs.

Scott Thomas (Midfield)

Formerly with Hemel Hempstead Town, Chesham United, Boreham Wood and St Albans City, Town skipper Scott joined the club in 2019. After making the short move from Boreham Wood, where he had won promotion to the National League, to St Albans in August 2015, he was subsequently on a dual registration arrangement with Royston Town for a spell and featured in the Crows side that overcame Town 2-0 in the FA Trophy in October 2017. He also featured as a defender during his St Albans days.

Chez Isaac (Midfield)

Hatfield-born Chez joined Town from St Albans City over the festive period, and scored on his debut in a 4-1 Boxing Day win over Potters Bar. A box-to-box midfielder, he began his youth career at Watford and has represented a string of Step 1 and Step 2 clubs; among them Boreham Wood, Woking, and Chelmsford City.

Mo Kamara (Midfield)

Versatile midfielder Mo is a recent arrival at the QEII Stadium, signing at the end of February on a dual-registration deal with National League side Concord Rangers. He started the season up the road with fellow Isthmian side Potters Bar Town, gaining a reputation for scoring stunning goals – including two against the Towners – and skippering the side towards the end of his stint in Hertfordshire. He has also worn the shirts of Ashford United, Margate, Herne Bay, and Whitehawk.

Anthony Wordsworth (Midfield)

Experienced central midfielder Anthony Wordsworth signed for Enfield Town in November 2022. Anthony started out at Colchester United, before embarking on a professional career which has taken him to the likes of Ipswich Town, Rotherham, Crawley Town, Southend United, and AFC Wimbledon. He spent last season with League of Ireland side Waterford.

Sam Youngs (Midfield)

A former Chesham United player, Sam originally made his Generals’ debut at Didcot Town in March 2011, and then, after a spell away, returned to the Meadow in the summer of 2015. He has enjoyed three spells at Rugby Town, including scoring a dozen goals in season 2012-13, and has also spent time at Redditch United, Hemel Hempstead Town, Banbury United, Ware and Halesowen Town. He has made over 190 Town appearances, and was named ETFC Players’ Player and Manager’s Player of the Season last year.

Lewis Taaffe (Midfield)

Winger Lewis returned to Concord Rangers in July 2017 after spells at Hemel Hempstead Town and Billericay Town. He went on to make over 150 appearances for the Beachboys and was a firm fans’ favourite with his energetic style. He has also had experience with Leyton Orient and Histon, joining Town at the start of the 2018-19 campaign.

James Dayton (Midfield)

Enfield-born James is an ex-professional who began his career at Crystal Palace and grew up around the corner from where the Towners now call home at the QEII Stadium. He most recently turned out for Dulwich Hamlet, and also counts Leyton Orient, Oldham and Kilmarnock among his former sides.

Lyle Della-Verde (Forward)

Lyle is in his second spell with the Towners after first signing from Hayes & Yeading United, making his debut – and scoring – in a 5-3 win against Haringey Borough in December 2019. He started out with Tottenham Hotspur as a youth before moving on to Southend United and Fulham, where he signed his first professional contract aged 17. After a loan spell at Bristol Rovers, he subsequently signed for Fleetwood Town and then Crawley Town before moving into non-league football with Braintree Town, Concord Rangers, Dartford and most recently Welling United.

Andre Coker (Forward)

25-year-old Andre joined Enfield Town at the start of the 21-22 league campaign, scoring seven times and assisting six in his debut season. Though primarily a winger or inside forward, he can play anywhere along the forward line and occasionally deeper as a wide midfielder or wing-back. He has previously turned out for Kingstonian, Maidstone United, Cray Wanderers and Bromley.

Marcus Wyllie (Forward)

Nippy young forward Marcus signed forms at Donkey Lane over the summer, joining from Step 5 side Risborough Rangers. His former employers described him as having “the ability to score goals at will” – he chalked up an impressive 36 of them last term on their way to an astonishing 52-game unbeaten run.

Adam Cunnington (Forward)

Following spells at clubs including Barwell, Solihull Moors and Kettering Town, centre-forward Adam enjoyed National League experience at Tamworth, Cambridge United, Ebbsfleet and Bromley. He has also made EFL appearances for Dagenham & Redbridge as well as for Cambridge. He enjoyed the best part of three seasons at Billericay Town, and prior to his Town arrival wore the colours of Hornchurch and Cheshunt. He made his debut against Maldon & Tiptree in the FA Trophy in December 2020 and has been a consistent presence up front for the Towners ever since.

Jake Cass (Forward)

Jake joined Town in January 2022 following his surprise release from Bishop’s Stortford, for whom he had been top scorer in the 21-22 campaign with 15 goals. The 29-year-old is a powerful striker who brings with him a wealth of experience in non-league, having also represented Chelmsford City, Braintree Town, Maldon & Tiptree and Chesham United among others.


Andy Leese (Manager)

Before joining Enfield Town in June 2017, Andy had spent over a decade as manager at Chesham United, having moved to the Meadow in the summer of 2007 from Potters Bar Town. His spell at Chesham included reaching the Southern League Division One Midlands play-offs twice, including promotion at the end of the 2009-10 season. In the Premier Division, he led the Generals to three consecutive play-off places. In 2015-16 the Second Round of the FA Cup was reached, and that was followed the following year with another appearance in the First Round. He began his management career at Somersett Ambury in the Spartan South Midlands League in 2000, before departing for Cheshunt in 2002. The following year, he guided the Ambers to the Ryman League Division 2 title, before leading them to promotion to the Premier Division the following season. He has also enjoyed spells at Boreham Wood and Wealdstone. Under his management, Town have progressed further in the FA Cup and FA Trophy than ever before, and reached last season’s Isthmian Premier play-offs for the first time in five years before losing narrowly to Hornchurch in the semi-finals.

Mario Noto (Assistant Manager) Mario started out with Tottenham Hotspur before moving on to Reading and then to Canvey Island. He subsequently had spells at Chelmsford City and Boreham Wood before joining Harlow Town in November 2015 prior to a move to Enfield Town in August 2017. He was appointed assistant manager in the summer of 2019.




15th Oct 2022Isthmian Premier LeagueEnfield Town2Lewes4
8th Jan 2022Isthmian Premier LeagueEnfield Town1Lewes4
11th Sept 2021Isthmian Premier LeagueLewes4Enfield Town1
19th Sept 2020Isthmian Premier LeagueEnfield Town 4Lewes 1
3rd Mar 2020Isthmian Premier LeagueEnfield Town 1Lewes1
10th Aug 2019Isthmian Premier LeagueLewes1Enfield Town1


Rook divider



Pakistan’s footballing problem is the size of the ball…or to be more precise, the popularity of cricket. Pakistan has never qualified for any major tournament outside the South Asian region and are still the only team in Asia that has never won a FIFA World Cup qualifying game. Compare that to the success of the cricket side and you can perhaps see why bat and ball rather than net is the most played sport in the country.

The country played their first international in 1950, losing 5-1 against Iran in Tehran. They actually won their next two games, against Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) and Burma (now Myanmar). In fact in the decade they only beat those two countries, as well as a single victory against Singapore. That first decade’s results has set the form guide for the last 70 years, with a few wins over a small handful of nations with similar FIFA rankings such as Bhutan, Singapore and Afghanistan.

In January 2003 they beat India 1-0 for what has possibly been their greatest ever victory, although unusually they have a 100% record, including a 7-0 victory against…themselves. Whilst others will call that “training” somehow Pakistan managed to record these as international matches.

In 2010 former Spurs defender Graham Roberts was appointed National Team coach but his reign only lasted a few months. In 2017 FIFA took the step of suspending Pakistan from playing any sanctioned matches due to “influences of third parties on the administration of the game”, which basically means someone other than the Pakistani FA was pulling the strings.

Their last international win came in 2018 against Bhutan, with the last victory on home soil coming in 2015 against Afghanistan in a friendly. They hope to put that right with friendlies against Bhutan and The Maldives this month.

The current squad is made up of domestic players, with the exception of the two most capped players – keeper Yousuf Butt and 36 year old captain, and top scorer, Hassan Bashir, both of whom play for third division Danish side Ishoj. Former international Zesh Rehman has played in all four of the top divisions in England, including spells with Fulham, Brighton and Norwich City.

The 48,000 capacity Jinnah Sports Stadium in Islamabad is the main ground used for international matches these days if you can tear yourself away from the cricket.

Rook divider



#1. On this day in 1972, which player played his 600th game for his one and only professional club?

#2. On this day in 2017, two Non-League sides made it to the FA Cup 6th round for the first time. Sutton United was one, who was the other?

#3. On this day in 2017, The Rooks surprisingly lost to which side sitting bottom of the Ryman League South?

#4. On this day in 2010, David Beckham played at Old Trafford with AC Milan in a Champions League tie. But who was he on loan from at the time?

#5. On this day in 2020 we beat Haringey Borough 2-1 at The Pan. What was so significant about the game?

Rook divider

Albion season-ticket holder Anthony Seddon started the Run2Ukraine initiative and is going to run 1569 miles for Ukraine

A year ago Anthony’s Ukrainian wife Anna was feeling desperate. Russia had invaded her motherland and she was receiving cries for help. Her hometown Dnipro (in central Ukraine) quickly became a humanitarian hub for refugees and injured soldiers but just as quickly they were out of essential medical supplies. 

“We are not talking about plasters and paracetamol here. They needed tourniquets that stop severe bleeding and lots of burns dressings. Those things were out of stock not only in Ukraine but in neighbouring countries like Poland and Slovakia”, Anna explains. 

In desperation, Anna asked her friends and family in the UK to help. She received an incredible donation of £4,500 to her personal account. The first box with 150 tourniquets bought with that money left Portslade where Anthony and Anna live on the 4th of March 2022 and reached Dnipro 6 days later.  

“I wasn’t a great runner but I knew I could do it. After the first delivery, I decided to run 1569 miles. This isn’t just a random number. It is the exact distance from Brighton and Hove Albion’s Amex Stadium to the Dnipro Arena, the football stadium of the city where I met my Anna in 2012. This is how our official fundraiser started”. 

The couple has since made a further 6 deliveries to Ukraine with essential medical supplies. Anthony and a couple of his friends who were in Ukraine with him back in 2012 personally delivered emergency first-aid items to Krakow on the 18th of March 2022. The packages were then taken to Lviv and, finally, a week later they arrived in Dnipro. 

The fundraiser helped the couple raise an incredible amount of over £27,000 so far.

“We are very grateful for all the support that we receive daily. People donating, running with Anthony, talking and spreading the word about our fundraiser. On the 23rd of April last year, Lewes FC invited us to come and do a bucket collection before the game. We collected £358 cash in a matter of an hour! This was fantastic”, says Anna. 

Anthony has run 448 miles already, participating in 5Ks, 10Ks, half marathons and lately, full marathons. Over 30 people have joined him to wear the Run2Ukraine shirt at various races, if you would like to run with him too please get in touch! 

You can follow his journey on Instagram @Run2Ukraine

You can find all the information about upcoming races on the Facebook group Run2Ukraine

Most importantly, please donate to our Gofundme and spread the word. 

Slava Ukraini!

Rook divider


Lewes had to settle for a point against Billericay Town, as for the second consecutive home game, they were pegged back in the second half to draw 1-1 at the Pan, reports Tom Harper (pictured James Boyes).

Tony Russell handed a debut to Jaydn Mundle-Smith at left-back in place of Jamie Mascoll, who has left the club.

There was also a place in the side for Ayo Olukoga in place of Will Salmon, a change that saw Alfie Young move into defence alongside Tom Champion.

The visitors created the first chance of the game, Anthony Jeffrey drawing a smart save from Lewis Carey at the end of a purposeful run, before Bradley Stevenson put his effort on the rebound into the side-netting.

The early stages resembled a basketball match, both sides throwing plenty of players forward in search of the opening goal.

Ryan Gondoh called Harry Seaden into action to turn his cut-back behind and from the resulting corner, Billericay launched a quick counter-attack that ended with Stevenson forcing another good save from Carey from a difficult angle.

Lewes soon began to dominate possession, and saw Seaden push a strike from Gondoh onto the post before the ball was eventually cleared.

The Rooks were playing well, with Tyrique Hyde seeing a shot deflected just wide and Gondoh then shooting into the side-netting minutes later.

Despite finding themselves on the back-foot, the visitors missed a gilt-edged chance to take the lead, as Bradley Stevenson capitalised on a loose pass from Olukoga and ran through on goal before missing the target with only Carey to beat.

Lewes made the most of this by taking the lead on 36 minutes, good play down the left ending with Mundle-Smith crossing for Joe Taylor to volley past Seaden and into the back of the net, despite the best efforts of Michael Chambers on the line.

Billericay made a bright start to the second half and nearly equalised through Toby Stevenson, whose cross-shot from the left narrowly missed the target.

The visitors levelled the scores just after the hour-mark, a loose pass in midfield giving John Ufuah the chance to cross from the right, with Kareem Isiaka providing the clever finish at the near post, across Carey and into the bottom corner.

Large periods of the remainder of the game saw both sides pushing for a potentially decisive goal, but neither goalkeeper forced into any meaningful action.

Lewes came close to a late winner through Olukoga, who saw an effort deflected just past the near post and into the side-netting.

The visitors thought they had secured all three points deep into stoppage time when Chambers blasted a volley from a free-kick on the left into the back of the net, only for the linesman to cut short their celebrations by raising his flag after an offside in the build-up.

The final action of the game saw Razz Coleman De-Graft shoot straight at Seaden from the edge of the area, leaving both sides to reflect on a hard-fought point that, on another day, could easily have been all three.

Rook divider


Next Sunday our Women’s team will host current Women’s Super League leaders Manchester United in the Vitality FA Cup Quarter-Finals. It is the first time we have reached the last eight of the competition in what will be our 26th game since our first tie against Portsmouth University back in November 2011.

Naturally, there’s a huge interest in the game and it is all-ticket, with tickets only being sold at the moment to priority groups. Keep an eye on Social Media and the Website for up to date information as to whether more tickets will be released in the next few days.

Rook divider


Lewes gained a point at championship favourites Hornchurch, but left Essex ruing missed chances to take all three points.

With Johnville Renee joining Enfield Town, Archie Tamplin was given his debut for the Rooks at right-back, whilst Razz Coleman De-Graft started his first game since the 2nd January, with Ryan Gondoh dropping down to the bench.

The Rooks made a positive start, with Razz forcing the Honchurch keeper into an early save, then Deon Moore hit one from distance which flew over the bar. However, in the 14th minute Moore’s cross from the left was met on the volley by Joe Taylor to score his 30th goal of the season.

Two minutes later Hornchurch had their best chance of the game when Lew Carey had to be alive to a Sam Higgins effort, and again with a better save from the Hornchurch hot-shot in the 20th minute.

In the 31st minute a smart move between Joe Taylor and Razz saw the latter with a golden chance but he pulled his shot across the goal. The Rooks were left to rue that miss as within a couple of minutes Hornchurch were level, when Ellis Brown turned the ball in at the far post after build-up play by Ade Yusuff and Sam Higgins.

Both sides had chances to take the lead before the break , with the Rooks fans encouraged by another well-struck effort by Razz, who appeared back to his best in the first period.

The hosts almost took the lead within the first minute when an overhead Higgins effort was tipped over by Carey, but that was the only clear-cut chance for either side in the third quarter of the game. But with Ryan Gondoh on for Razz with twenty minutes to go, the Rooks took the lead, Moore once again the provider with his cross, and the substitute Gondoh turning the ball in.

Three minutes later and the Rooks should have put the game to bed when Tyrique Hyde went clean through but the Hornchurch keeper did really well to stop his effort. Two minutes later and the scores were level when Sam Higgins continued his long streak of scoring against Lewes when he headed in a Muldoon corner at the near post.

The Hornchurch striker had the chance to win the game in the last minute but once again, Lewis Carey was in the right place to make the save.

The point was more useful for the Rooks than the Urchins, with it all still to play for in a tough month ahead.

Rook divider


Welcome back to this week’s edition of Vox Pop, where we asked Lewes fans for their memories from their game at the Dripping Pan, via LewesClamour on Instagram. My first Lewes game was a conflict of interests for myself, as I watched the other team I support, Queens Park Rangers, travel down from West London to Lewes, for a pre-season friendly. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was 6 at the time, and it was half-term, I spent the day in Mum’s office, round the corner from the Dripping Pan, eager for the evening to fall.

A midweek game for me back then, just as I find them to this day, was incredibly exciting. I was in my full QPR kit, ready to run on in case they needed someone from the crowd. Walking through the turnstiles into the Dripping Pan is something I’d never forget, as I gazed upon the floodlights showcasing the Dripping Pan like it was something extraterrestrial. This excitement and awe of the occasion didn’t last long though, as QPR central midfielder Tommy Doherty managed to get himself sent off, which was the only thing he was known for during his short time at QPR, enabling us to then get beaten 2-0 by the Rooks. As I was 6 at the time, this result made the following days and weeks at school, as you can imagine, hell. That was my first game at the Pan, back in 2005. Now, let’s take a look at some other Rooks’ first games:

“I dyed my hair blonde during Covid so I had a slightly outgrown Slim Shady haircut, and no one in the crowd made fun of it. I could immediately tell it was a welcoming club.” – Fergus

“Walked from Uni of Sussex to the Pan. Had pints at a pub nearby with a tree inside it. Now a member!” – Hans

“Lewes vs Merstham, January 2022. Tanner bagged that free kick in like 3 minutes” – Harvey

“Enfield Town in 2018 and I remember thinking Enfield were Lewes for the first half” – Charlie

“Probably when I was about 10, I saw Chelsea 3rd reserves against Lewes, in I think 1992” – Leo (lead singer of Palace)

“Lewes vs Cray in 2017, I think Jamie Brotherton scored a pen to win 2-1” – Ollie

Rook divider


Rook divider
Rook divider


Whilst our focus is always what’s above us, it is often good to have a look at what’s happening in the other leagues below. So, as we enter the final quarter of the season, here’s how the land lies in the Step 4 Isthmian Leagues. Whilst our ambitions are still at Step 2, on the chance we don’t go up this year, who may be joining us in the Isthmian Premier League next season.

Isthmian North

It is almost done and dusted in the North, with Hashtag United currently on a 19 match winning run, making them the best team, based on points per game, in the top ten steps of English Football.

Hashtag, who play their games at Bowers & Pitsea, have a huge social media presence, which is a key revenue generating stream for them. They have come up on the outside of AFC Sudbury, overtaking them a few weeks ago and beating them 3-2 a couple of weeks ago. Sudbury are nailed on for at least a Play-off spot if Hashtag slip up. As for the rest, it is any three from five by the looks of it from the Play-offs. If Lowestoft went up, then it is likely they would go back into the Southern League. Grays Athletic are moving from Aveley to Tilbury FC next season whilst they hope to secure a permanent ground deal.

Isthmian South Central

It’s a similar story in the South Central with Basingstoke Town in pole position, with Walton & Hersham on their tail. The two sides meet on the 1st April that could go a long way in deciding the title and automatic promotion. Walton & Hersham are owned and run by a group of former students who have tried to break the mould in how to run a club. They became the first British football club to get 1m followers on TikTok a few weeks ago. It is very likely if Basingstoke were promoted that they would move across to the Southern Premier League, and possible, depending on other promotions, that Walton & Hersham, who play at the old Walton Casuals Waterside development, would follow them.

It’s all quite tight below the top two. Northwood won their first six games of the season to set the initial pace and are still hanging on in third place. Hamworth Villa and Southall were promoted from the Combined Counties last season and aren’t out of touch of the current Play-off spots. Rooks fans may have bad memories of our visit to Chertsey Town in the FA Cup, when they were a Step 5 side, losing 4-1 under Steve King.

Isthmian South East

Thirteen points separate the teams in 1st and 10th spot with less than 10 games left for most sides. The lead continues to change places on a regular basis, with newly promoted Chatham Town, still unbeaten at home, and Ramsgate, the favourites. However, Beckenham Town, promoted from the Combined Counties last season, are still in with a shout.

Six points then separate the next seven sides, with all of them in with a shout of the Play-offs. Interestingly, five of the top 10 play on 3G pitches and their home form is way better than that away. Sevenoaks Town, Hythe Town and Chichester City are the form sides, creeping up on the outside of the likes of Ashford United and former leaders, Cray Valley PM. For Rooks fans, it could be a first visit to Beckenham Town, or the renewal of our rivalry with Whitehawk.

Next week, a look at the bottom of Step 4 and who may be coming up from the county leagues.

Rook divider


For the second week in a row we found ourselves having to go north of the Thames and negotiating the infamous bottleneck and cash cow that is the Dartford Crossing. A similar result would be very welcome.

With public transport quickly being dismissed it was the usual arrangement of the five of us meeting up at Roly’s Park and Ride in Polegate for Steve to chauffeur us to Aveley. We’ll have to get him a chauffer’s cap. PJ had bought the half time choccy bars but no-one had thought of the sweeties. Never mind. It would help our figures. This would be a tough game for sure. PJ fancied a draw and would have taken a point there and then. The others disagreed and argued that a point wouldn’t be much good in our chase for a play-off place and we need to win. But even after this game there would still be twelve games left and plenty of points available. On the way we lamented the passing of one of the film icons and poster girls of our youth. Raquel Welch. Coincidentally, PJ had watched one of her most memorable film performances in Hannie Caulder on TV only a couple of evenings earlier. R.I.P. Raquel. We are at that age now where a lot of famous names from our youth are sadly passing on. Such as Dickie Davies. He hosted ITV World of Sport for many years and that was essential viewing on a Saturday afternoon if one hadn’t gone out to a game. There would be lots of channel switching, though, if Grandstand had something interesting on at the same time!  R.I.P. Dickie.

Getting through Dartford had been plain sailing the week before but this time it was a bit slower, although not really a problem. We passed the sad sight of Thurrock’s old ground in Ship Lane. Thurrock were wound up a few years ago and as far as we know the stadium is still not in use which is such a waste as it was quite a decent stadium. Grays Athletic have had at least a couple of goes at moving in but the local council surprised everyone by saying no. An odd decision considering Grays groundshared at nearby Aveley’s old ground a few years ago. Lewes never seemed to do very well there, but on the plus side they did one of the best burgers ever. The ‘Fleet Burger. So called because Thurrock FC was originally called Purfleet FC. The ‘Fleet burger was often the highlight of the visit and a few of those were consumed when the Rooks visited.

We had a couple of possible cafes lined up in Aveley for our traditional pre-match stodge. Plan A was the promising looking Master Chef in Aveley High Street. That turned out to be less than promising when we found it closed. Closed at lunchtime? What’s that all about? No worries as we had a Plan B. Unfortunately Plan B didn’t work out either as we couldn’t find the place. Or maybe we did find it but it had been renamed and become a takeaway. Now we were in trouble as we didn’t have a Plan C and time was ticking away and the hunger pangs were getting worse. Getting something at the ground was mentioned but that would be the last resort, and we didn’t want to admit to failure when our fellow Rooks fans asked the usual questions about our lunching exploits. So it was out with the phone and try to find somewhere quick. And close. J&J’s Café in South Ockendon was pretty close. It showed 4.6 stars out of 5 on TripAdvisor and had a very enticing Full English on their web page. That would do we hoped. With parking right outside it was convenient but looked very busy. We couldn’t see a spare table until Steve nipped in for a recce and gave us the thumbs up signal. A busy café is usually a good café!

Now, this place seemed a bit unusual. If anyone reading this has seen An American Werewolf In London, specifically the scene where the two lads enter The Slaughtered Lamb pub and everyone in there goes quiet and stares, they will know what we mean. Maybe it was because a bunch of unfamiliar blokes had turned up in a Range Rover? Maybe we were Essex Boys with shotguns in the boot on our way to Rettendon? We’ve never thought of ourselves as looking particularly menacing, only perhaps on the odd occasion when Ethel has been with us. Possibly it was the sight of Gary’s Lewes shirt that had struck fear into them. The Lewes Ultras had arrived! Anyway, without going into detail, let’s just say there were some interesting characters in this café.

Down to the serious business of the food. We had a couple of Full English breakfasts and a couple of omelettes with chips. Treasurer Al went for shepherd’s pie. There was an air of chaos about the place with a couple of waitresses running about with full plates calling out for their correct recipients. This wasn’t helped by some customers not being able to remember what they had ordered. The clientele were obviously all regulars as the chap taking the orders and working the till seemed to be on first name terms with every customer. Except us of course. We had fears that the food might leave a bit to be desired, but we needn’t have worried. It was actually very good and was served up very quickly. That was handy because time was still ticking. The tea was very good too. Proper builder’s tea with a real colour to it. You could probably use it as a creosote substitute for your fence. Lovely.

We were out at half-two. What an interesting place that had been! We look forward to our next visit there.

The ground was only five minutes drive away and we were in with twenty minutes to spare. Aveley’s new ground is very smart and shiny but still has that Meccano/Lego feel about it. The clubhouse is very modern, spacious and quite stylish but had a more welcoming feel about it than Bromley’s.

Razz was back. Well, on the bench anyway. Good news, but that was about as good as it got for us. Lewes as ever started well without threatening too much against a resolute Aveley defence. We did remark about Aveley’s kit being such a very, very dark shade of blue that it was hard to distinguish between their players and the referee. How is that allowed? After about half an hour an all too familiar scenario panned out. After Lewes pressure, a ball was lumped forward from a free kick to an unmarked attacker who finished past Carey. One down. Far too easy. To hell with it…. Out came the half time chocolates for some comfort eating. It stayed one nil at half time.

Very soon after the restart Aveley were awarded a penalty. If we went two down it looked curtains and unlikely that we would get anything from the game. But Lewis Carey dived right and saved superbly. We were still in it! Maybe that escape would give us a jolt and spur us into action. No such luck though. Within a few minutes we were two down when a shot from the edge of the box was wide of Carey and but just inside the post. The Lewes players seemed to have stopped in the build-up and were bitterly complaining to the referee about something. We didn’t see it as we were at the other end but later found out it was for a foul on Young. Play to the whistle was always drummed into us in the school team. We had a bit of a go in the last twenty-five minutes and made the keeper work a bit but we never looked like turning it around. The introduction of Razz was a bright spot but he couldn’t produce any miracles in the time left.

 One can’t blame the referee whatsoever for our defeat but it has to said he was very poor and gave some bizarre decisions. Some decisions he didn’t give were equally bizarre. Aveley were very good at breaking up play and slowing the game down by using all the usual time wasting tricks of going down injured and kicking the ball away. They call it “Game Management” these days. At one point Joe tried to retrieve the ball from an Aveley player who was running away with it following the award of a Lewes free kick. We didn’t see much wrong but the ball thief went down like he had been hit by a Tyson Fury uppercut and then rolled around in agony. The entire Aveley team descended on Joe like a rabid horde. Cue a melee and a booking for Joe and one Aveley player who had raised his hands. We reckoned the Aveley number six must be a relative of the referee as he should have had three yellow cards in the game but incredibly got none. He just got a talking to each time. A first half “challenge” by him on Gondoh with the ball yards away was particularly dreadful and was a nailed on yellow. Thanks to Aveley’s antics we estimate that we saw about 20 to 25 minutes of actual play in the second half with the added time being a paltry six minutes when it should have been double that considering how long it took the referee to sort out the melee.

It wasn’t a particularly happy journey home. It never is when we lose. The result was probably about right and it could have been worse but for Lewis Carey’s heroics. We need something at home to Billericay. We’re confident Tony and the lads will do their best to deliver.

 The Stodgebusters will return at Hornchurch. Our least favourite ground ever, but we’ll be there. After a visit to the Elm Park Café of course.

Come on you Rooks.

Rook divider


About The BuildKent Stadium
Without a doubt, one of the best stadiums we will visit this season. An open terrace with fantastic views of the Kent countryside, with a roofed one at the far end where you can generate some real noise. Add in a seated stand and one of the best football memorabilia shops in the Non-Leagues and you have it all.

The stadium’s old  uncovered terrace has now been renamed the Wilmoths Citroen End after one of the newer sponsors.  This terrace backs onto Folkestone Cricket Ground (recently renovated as part of the Three Hills Sport Facility) and provides a great viewing point from behind the goal, especially through the summer months. This terrace is closest to the players’ tunnel, the Sid Burvill Entrance and the main toilets located just inside the entrance.      

Finally, there is the Remland Stand, aka the ‘shed’ stand, located at the Cheriton end of the stadium. Its long, low covered terrace stretches the entire width of the pitch, and the acoustics create a fantastic echo for match day noise. This is the diehard fans’ favourite and creates the most noise and atmosphere.  Bar Invicta is located just outside the main turnstiles whilst there is another bar inside the ground along with some decent food options.

How to get to The BuildKent Stadium
It’s a fair old trek down to Folkestone Invicta but it is certainly worth the journey.  Head up the A23/M23 then anti-clockwise on the M25.  At junction 5 stay on the road as it becomes the M26.  This will then become the M20 and you need to stay on this until junction 13, then head south onto the A20 (Cherry Garden Avenue). At the traffic lights, turn left onto the A2034 (Cheriton Road), pass the Harvey Grammar School and Stripes club – the ground is next left before Morrisons’ supermarket, opposite the cemetery. Some car parking is available at the ground, with street parking around Cherry Garden Avenue your alternative option.  Journey time for the 100-mile trip is around an hour and a half assuming the traffic is good. 

There is an alternative route cross-country for those averse to the British motorway system that involves following slow-moving vehicles down country lanes which is 40 miles shorter but may take around the same time.

If you are coming by rail (good luck with that on a rail strike day!) then disembark at Folkestone West (Folkestone Central is about same distance from ground). On leaving the station follow Station Road right and take left onto Beachborough Road, then right onto Cheriton Road. The ground is visible on the left-hand side of the road, immediately after the Harvey Grammar School.  It is around a 2-hour slog by train, either up to London Victoria and then out again or via Hampden Park and Ashford International.

Admission at The BuildKent Stadium
Admission this season is £12 for adults, £9 for concessions (senior citizens and students), Under18s £3 and accompanied under 5s are admitted free of charge.  

Fancy a beer?
There’s very few pubs within walking distance of the ground, although there is the Park Inn Hotel opposite Folkestone Central.  However, get into the town centre early and head down to the harbour-side for some excellent offerings on The Stade including The Royal George, The Ship Inn and The Mariner.

Rook divider


You can sponsor the player of your choice, subject to availability, for the 2022/23 season and get your name in lights, plus a home or away shirt signed by your player and presented to you at a home game. Contact Shrey for more details at

Lewis CareySusie ArlettTyrique Hyde
Jaydn Mundle-SmithMichael KennardRyan GondohDave Lamb
Alfie YoungRhys Murrell-WilliamsonTrevor Norwood
Ryley ScottHarvey Walker
Tom ChampionTom, Alice & Russ MouldRazz Coleman De-GraftThe Ouze
Will SalmonMichael McDowellDeon Moore
Archie TamplinJoe TaylorStuart Fuller
Ayo OlukogaRyan BusbyFraser Middleton-Tozer
Bradley PritchardThe English Soap CompanyFinley Jenkins
Rook divider


Bishop’s Stortford, with Aveley and Hornchurch breathing down their necks, couldn’t afford any slip up’s as they travelled to face play off chasing Folkestone Invicta, but the Blues did slip up three minutes before half time, conceding a penalty which Ira Jackson converted for the hosts. During the break there was a bizarre red card for Stortford sub Ben Marlow, dismissed from the bench for dissent, and with nineteen minutes to go Jackson added another to make victory as good as certain. It was entirely certain when Louis Collins made it three with five minutes to go, a result which lifts Invicta to sixth.

Aveley hoped to go level at the top with Stortford, but to do that they’d have to defeat play off chasing Carshalton Athletic. With seven consecutive wins the Millers were in good form, but they couldn’t make a breakthrough in a goalless first half- nor in a goalless second half, although they did hit the woodwork on two occasions. They remain second, two points behind the leaders having played a game more, whilst the Robins are eighth.

Enfield Town, with only one win in five, travelled to face a Bognor Regis Town side who were trying to avoid a fifth defeat in a row. After thirty four goalless minutes we had two in the next three, and both of them went to the visitors, Marcus Wyllie opening the scoring before Jake Cass joined him on the scoresheet almost immediately. The scoring ended there, the Towners ended the day in fourth- seven points behind the leaders- whilst Bognor are fifteenth.

With the race for the top five extremely close, Canvey Island couldn’t afford to drop points as Potters Bar Town came to call- and goodness, they made sure there were no slip ups! The Gulls took the lead on nineteen minutes, Conor Hubble with his seventh of the season, and just before the break Bradley Sach took his total to eighteen and gave his side some breathing space. Rob Girdlestone made it three just before the hour, Elliott Ronto added a fourth with sixteen minutes left, and just before the end Evans Kouassi got a fifth. The Scholars have won only one of their last fourteen matches, and picked up a red card just before the end, Deivi Kreka departing only slightly early.

Hastings United, on the cusp of the play off places, welcomed back Gillingham loanee Joe Gbode and he immediately delighted the Pilot Field faithful, opening the scoring against Wingate & Finchley eight minutes before the break. The Blues levelled in the closing stages, Camron Gbadebo’s goal three minutes from time earning them a point.

With only one win in six, Cray Wanderers have seen their promotion chase falter of late, and it faltered a little more as Brandon Vale-Aviero put Bowers & Pitsea ahead in the early stages at the Len Salmon. The equaliser soon arrived, Tom Derry with his eleventh of the season, and right at the end the home crowd were left shattered as Dan Bassett- or David Ijaha, depending on which report you believe- claimed an away win. Wands are ninth, Bowers are nine points from safety and fourth from bottom, their survival hopes brought firmly into question.

Horsham, with only one defeat from ten, were hosting both Haringey Borough and a beer festival, and it seemed as if the two didn’t mix all that well as, in the first half at least, both sides defences behaved as if they had imbibed a little too much of what was on offer! Jack Brivio put the Hornets ahead after just six minutes only for Bobson Bawling, who used to play down the road at Crawley Town, to quickly equalise- and just after the half hour Scott Durojaiye put the visitors ahead. Within two minutes the lead was increased, Erald Desa making it three, only for Lee Harding to immediately reply for the hosts. On forty minutes it was three-three, Tom Richards with the equaliser, and it turned out that the goals ended there. The Hornets are six points away from fifth place, Borough in fourteenth.

Billericay Town, with only one defeat from their last four, look to be heading back to their best- and they took the lead against relegation-fighters Herne Bay four minutes before the break, Michael Chambers (although one report says it was Kareem Isiaka) delighting most of the eight hundred and thirty eight watching on. Brad Stevenson made them happier still when adding a second with twenty four minutes left, and that was that. Billericay are twelfth, Bay are twentieth- and eleven points from safety.

Margate welcomed Corinthian-Casuals, the visitors trying their best to create some hope at the bottom end of the table after taking only two points from the last thirty available to them. After a goalless first half the hosts broke the deadlock with twenty two minutes left, Ruben Soares Junior with the opening goal, and Casuals hopes of a comeback fell away a minute from time, Simbarashe Kudyiwa seeing red. Sam Blackman made things worse for their visitors by adding a second goal, deep into added time.

We had a big game at the bottom, with Brightlingsea Regent, bottom of the table, desperate for points as fifth bottom Kingstonian came to call. The K’s have looked rejuvenated under the management of Simon Lane, and went ahead two minutes before the break, Keane Anderson making the breakthrough. That turned out to be that, a result which gives the K’s a nine point cushion and leaves Regent thirteen points behind them.

Rook divider


Rook divider


Rook divider


Rook divider
Rook divider


“The Isthmian Football League strongly supports the FA statement that there should be a zero tolerance approach against racism and all forms of discrimination. Accordingly any form of discriminatory abuse whether it by reason of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, sex and sexual orientation or any other form of abuse will be reported to The Football Association for action by that Association.” (The FA 0800 085 0508 / Kick it Out 020 7253 0162).The Isthmian League and all Member Clubs in the League are committed to promoting equality by treating people fairly and with respect, by recognising that inequalities may exist, by taking steps to address them and providing access and opportunities for all members of the community.”

Lewes 2000 FC Limited. Registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number 03790979. Lewes 2000 FC Limited is 100% owned by Lewes Community Football Club.

Honorary President Terry Parris
Chair Stuart Fuller
Directors Willa Bailey, Tim Bradshaw, Ed Briggs, Scott Currie, Stuart Fuller, Andy Gowland, Lucy Mills, John Peel, Trevor Wells
Chief Executive Officer Maggie Murphy
Club Secretary John Peel
Fan Engagement Manager Shrey Nilvarna
Youth Secretary Ryan Sullivan
Operations Manager James Barker
Communication Manager Jack Towers
Commercial Manager Steph McLaughlin

Life Members
Peter Brook, Dorothy Brook RIP, Vic Blunt, Pat Dartnell, Gary Elphick, Gordon Fowlie, Peter Hiscox RIP, Billy Nixon, Derrick Parris RIP, Terry Parris, Jimmy Quinn, P. Swaysland, Steve Ibbitson, Jason Hopkinson, Steve White, Martin Elliot, Kevin Fingerneissl, Kevin Powell, David and Barbara Arnold, Roger and Cathy Feltham, Ethel Treagus, Roy Dartnell RIP, Ron Moore, Derek Southouse, Ray Smith, Ken Carter RIP

Manager Tony Russell
Assistant manager Joe Vines
First team coach Nathan White
First team physio Toni Miller
Goalkeeping coach Grant Hall
Match logistics Clive Burgess & Vikram Dogra
First Team Performance Analyst Henderson Russell

Golden Rook Rob Read
Web Editor Stuart Fuller
Progcast Editor Stuart Fuller and Stan Lahood
Club Photographer James Boyes

Rook divider






Rook divider


  1. Jack Charlton made his 600th League appearance for Leeds United and after 12 minutes scored the only goal of the First Division match against Coventry City played in front of a crowd of 43,154 at Elland Road. A loyal one-club man he retired the following season after making a club record 629 League appearances for Leeds.
  2. Conference side Lincoln City beat Oldham, Ipswich, Brighton and Burnley on their way to the quarter-finals where they played Arsenal at the Emirates on March 11th 2017, losing 5-0.
  3. The Rooks lost 1-0 away at Godalming Town, who finished the season in bottom place and were relegated out of the Isthmian League.
  4. Beckham was on loan from LA Galaxy who were yet to start their MLS season
  5. It was our last game in the 2019/20 season due to COVID. We’d not won since the 4th January, when we had also beaten Haringey Borough